St. Luke the Evangelist Church, Mulhuddart, Dublin 15
Covid-19 Response Statement
St. Luke the Evangelist Church is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for all our employees, volunteers and visitors. The Parish Priest and Parish Secretary are responsible for the implementation of this plan and a combined effort will help contain the spread of the virus. We will:
- continue to monitor our COVID-19 response and amend this plan as necessary.
- provide up to date information on the Public Health advice issued by the HSE and Gov.ie.
- display information on the signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and correct hand-washing techniques.
- inform all employees, volunteers and visitors of essential hygiene and respiratory etiquette and physical distancing requirements.
- adapt the church to facilitate physical distancing as appropriate in line with the public health guidance.
- provide stewards to assist visitors when entering the church for mass.
- ensure employees, volunteers and visitors are familiar with the layout of the church and the location of hand sanitizers.
- implement the agreed procedures to be followed in the event of someone showing symptoms of COVID-19.
- provide instructions for employees, volunteers and visitors to follow if they display symptoms of Covid-19 while in the church.
- implement cleaning in line with HSE and Government guidelines.
This Covid-19 Policy includes the measures we are actively taking to mitigate the spread of coronavirus. You are kindly requested to follow all these rules diligently, to sustain a healthy and safe workplace and place of worship in this unique environment. It’s important that we all respond responsibly and transparently to these health precautions. We assure you that we will always treat your private health and personal data with high confidentiality and sensitivity.
This coronavirus COVID-19 Policy is susceptible to changes with the introduction of additional HSE and Government guidelines and will be updated accordingly.
This coronavirus policy applies to all employees, volunteers and visitors to St. Luke the Evangelist Church to ensure we collectively and uniformly respond to this challenge.
Here, we outline the required actions employees, volunteers and visitors should take to protect themselves and others from a potential coronavirus infection.
- If you have cold symptoms, such as cough/sneezing/fever, or feel poorly, stay at home.
- If you have a positive COVID-19 diagnosis, you must stay home and isolate for 14 days until you have fully recovered.
- If you have recently returned from a country with a high number of COVID-19 cases we ask that you do not visit the church until 14 days after you return home.
- If you’ve been in close contact with someone infected by COVID-19, with high chances of being infected yourself, please stay at home.
General hygiene rules:
- Please use the sanitizers provided on entry to the church.
- Please wear a mask or face covering in the church.
- Cough/sneeze into your sleeve, preferably into your elbow. If you use a tissue, discard it properly and clean/sanitize your hands immediately.
- Avoid touching your face, particularly eyes, nose, and mouth with your hands to prevent from getting infected.
- Please adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- Windows and doors will be open regularly to ensure good ventilation.
Disclaimer: This policy is meant to provide general guidelines and should be used as a reference. It is not a legal document. The author will not assume any legal liability that may arise from the use of this policy.